As Azure DevOps (CI/CD) Engineer you will be a member of the System Team located in Eindhoven. Your main focus will be on CI/CD pipeline automation using Microsoft Azure DevOps, PowerShell and other tools. As a System Team we strive to have and to develop team members that have excellent technical, communication, coaching and influencing skills so that we can effectively help the development teams to adopt and improve their CI/CD pipeline capabilities. You will be working with Agile (mainly Scrum) development teams in a highly international organization that is moving towards DevOps and SAFe.
Within this role you will work in the configuration team closely with software development teams (total of 500 Software Developers), the (on-prem) infrastructure team and the cloud team. Azure DevOps is the main tool being used. We are looking for someone not only being able to maintain the Azure DevOps environment, but also able to make designs and to build. You work with worldwide software development teams, but you will mainly work within office hours Netherlands time.
Because of the organizational setting of this team we need a consultancy type of person who understands the software development cycle and software developers, but focused on infrastructure as code close to the application layer with extensive experience with CI/CD pipelines, Azure DevOps Git and Powershell.
In this role only 10 – 30% is hands-on engineering work. The rest is internal consultancy work: assisting teams, making designs, figure things out such as what performance tooling will be used (uou need to gather the feature requirements yourself).
Figures of the environment:
- 500 git repositories
- 80K automatical deployments
- 400K backlog items
Day to day
- Setup, maintain, extend and improve the toolchain that supports the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Establish/improve, introduce, monitor and report on CI/CD usage and health, processes, standards, guidelines and recommended practices
- Assist Agile development teams to gain technical excellence
- You will be based in the office in Eindhoven with the option to work remote for 3-4 days/week
All members enjoy
- Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity.
- Health and Wellness program including healthy food, free health checks, fun health & vitality activities.
- Flexible hours with possibility to work from home
- Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs.
“We lead the way in meeting the need for flexibility and transparency which our customers increasingly expect.”
- Knowledge and skills to support the above
- Expert knowledge and experience with
- Modern development methodologies, such as Scrum, CI/CD, DevOps, etc (bonus: SAFe)
- Microsoft Azure DevOps (or VSTS), at least 1-year hands-on experience
- Other tools like SonarCloud, test automation tools etc (bonus: Jira, Maven, Jenkins, containers, HPQC/ALM)
- Automation with PowerShell, tool integration, API calls, reporting/Power BI (dashboarding)